Sunday, May 2, 2010

Anderson Junior College's Stellar Boy!

What does Benjamin Tan Quan Rong from 04/08 have to say about his stellar 7-distinctions performance during the 2009 'A' Level Exams ? Let's find out ! from the stellar horse's mouth ...

Surprise !
When our Vice-Principal, Mrs Tay, called me to her office when I arrived for my results, I was afraid I had done badly. Things turned out well in the end (what an understatement!) ! When i had recovered from the surprise, I am very happy I had done well and all my hard work had paid off.

Revision Tips ...
First, i read the notes to make sure I understand every concept before I do practice papers to apply those theories in the notes. I normally study at home and sometimes in our school library. The school library is convenient as the staff room is just next door so I could consult teachers easily if I have any doubts. I don't have a fixed timing for revisions. I just rely on my body to tell me to stop when I can't take in any more information. I started my revision when I was preparing for my Prelims. You have to keep practicing after the Prelims to keep the momentum going and so that you will not forget everything you had revised.

Benjamin cannot do without ...

Sweets. I just need something to chew on and keep my brain fresh and so sweets are the must-haves when I study. [Its Me comment: The human brain uses sugar/glucose as energy , hence this craving for brainy guys/gals. Babies and elderly folks love sweet too.]

Benjamin's advice ...
Start your revision early. Really. You may have already heard this many times from your tutors but that really is the best thing you could do to be well prepared. Panicking at the last minute will only make you absorb less info. Good luck and all the best!

Benjamin was the Vice-President of the Astronomy Club. He is currently applying to read medicine at NUS.

No comments: