Sunday, May 2, 2010

AJC 2009 'A' Level, the Top Arts

.."Of Hearts & Minds" student Sim Weizheng Thaddeus from 35/08 shared his 'A' Level experience in a short Q&A. He was in the Alpha Programme and also a member of CXtreme Club. He attained 6 distinctions.(by FooFangYu,32/09)

Q1: Can you describe how you feel on knowing you're the top Arts student in AJC?

ThaddeusSim : What can I say? Going through that whirlwind of emotions, at the end of the day, the right word I should use is a feeling of inner satisfaction that I did my best.

Q2: What are your future plans?
ThaddeusSim: I am considering taking up either a double major or double degree in Economics and Business at Singapore Management University (SMU). I have been offered and interview most probably in April.

Q3: Being in Alpha and having to cope with so many activities on hand, how do you deal with the stress?
ThaddeusSim : Ultimately, it is a matter of one's attitude. I had to look to these moments with optimism, knowing full well that they were part and parcel of any JC student's life and I was no exception. One of the ways to de-stress is actually listening to music, going out with friends or just staying at home and playing with some video games. I have also found that escaping the confines of my house to get some fresh air can actually make a load of a difference.

Q4: Lastly, do you have any advice for your juniors?
ThaddeusSim: One of the things I learnt from my PD tutor, Miss Sharmini Johnson, is that there are always lessons to be gleaned, whether it is from failures or achievements. When we meet with failures, we should not let them stymie us; rather we should learn from them and move on. An old adage that i still find relevant today : Work hard, do your best, and if you don't succeed, try and try again. There is nothing you cannot do if you set your hearts and minds to it.

Of Hearts & Minds.

No comments: