Tuesday, October 6, 2026

5 common phrases that are unknowingly blocking your faith. Break free and start believing effectively.

 5 common phrases that are unknowingly blocking your faith. If you’ve been praying but not seeing results, this might be why. Read on, to break free and start believing effectively.

Stop Saying These 5 Things (They Block Your Faith)

Have you ever prayed with all your heart and believed for something, healing, provision, breakthrough, but nothing happened?

You waited, trusted, hoped, and still nothing changed. It is frustrating, even confusing. But what if the issue was not your prayer or your faith or even God's timing?

What if it was your words?

Right here,, I'm going to show you five common phrases. harmless as they may sound, that are secretly sabotaging your faith.

These are not just bad habits. These are blockages, spiritual speed bumps that hinder you from walking in the fullness of what Christ died to give you.

Most Christians say them without even thinking. But if you want to walk in real victory, it is time to stop.

Faith is powerful. Jesus Christ said, "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can move mountains." But faith does not work in a vacuum. It works in partnership with your heart and your mouth.

Romans 10:10 says, "For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Your words matter. And not just when you're praying. Every single word matters. So what's the disconnect?

Why do so many believers struggle even though they love God and believe His word? The answer is simple but uncomfortable.

It is because their confession contradicts their faith.

I'm a sinner saved by grace

They say one thing in prayer and say another thing in conversation.

They declare healing during worship but say, "I'm still sick on the phone."

They thank God for provision at church but talk about being broke with their friends.

And as long as that contradiction exists, faith is blocked.

I put it this way. Faith will never rise above the level of your confession. Let that sink in.

Your life right now is a reflection of what you've believed and confessed consistently.

So, let us expose these five phrases, root them out of your vocabulary, and replace them with truth.

1.The first phrase is, "I'm just a sinner saved by grace." Now, that might sound humble, even spiritual, but it is not scriptural for the born again believer. Yes, before Christ, we were sinners. But once you've accepted Jesus, you're not a sinner anymore. You're a new creation. Right now.

2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature. Old things are passed away. Behold, all things are become new."

"The moment a man is born again, he ceases to be a sinner and becomes a son."

When you keep identifying as a sinner, you're rejecting your new identity in Christ.

You're keeping yourself sin conscious instead of righteousness conscious. And sin consciousness always cripples faith. Always.

2. The second phrase is, "God is in control." Now, I know this one might stir some controversy, so hear me clearly.

God is in control

Of course, God is sovereign. But saying "God is in control" in a fatalistic way, like everything that happens is automatically God's will, is dangerous. It removes responsibility from the believer and turns us into passive victims instead of active sons, daughters.

Jesus Christ gave authority to the church. Luke 10:19 says, "Behold, I give unto you power over all the power of the enemy."

"The church has failed to recognize that she has the ability of God at her disposal."

When you say God is in control while doing nothing, you're blaming God for things he has authorized you to change. That mindset kills faith. Kills faith.

3. The third phrase is, "I just need more faith." Sounds innocent, right? But it reveals a misunderstanding.

I need more faith

Romans 12:3 says, "God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith." You already have faith. The issue is not how much faith you have, but what you're doing with it.

Faith is like a muscle. It grows with use. Faith is like a switch. You activate faith by speaking the word. The moment you say, "I need more faith," you're placing the breakthrough outside your reach, like it's something you're still waiting for. But Jesus said, "If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, it's not about quantity. It is about purity and confidence. As I said, we do not need more faith.

We need to know what faith is and how to use it. (Click here)

4. The fourth phrase is, "I hope God will do it." Now, hope has its place, but hope is not faith. Hope looks to the future. Faith takes possession now. Hebrews 11:1 says, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for." Hope is a goal setter. Faith is the substance that brings it into the present. When you say, "I hope God will heal me," you're postponing what Jesus Christ already purchased. Isaiah 53:5 says, "By his stripes, we are healed." Not we will be, we are.

Faith says, "I receive it now." Hope delays. Faith takes.

I warned, "Hope is always future. Faith is always now. Stop hoping, start believing.

5. The fifth and final phrase is, "If it be thy will." Now, this one's tricky because Jesus said it in Gethsemane, but context matters. Jesus Christ was praying about his assignment, not about healing, provision, or promises already established in scripture. When it comes to covenant promises, God's will is not a mystery. It is written. 1 John 14:15 says, "If we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." And we know that we have the petitions we asked. If it is in the Word, it's his will. So when we say, "If it be thy will about healing or deliverance or peace," we're introducing doubt into what God has already settled.

And doubt cancels faith. So how do we fix this?

How do we move from blocked faith to effective faith?

First, we must renew our minds. Romans 12:2 says, "Be transformed by the renewing of your mind." That means saturating yourself with truth until your thinking and speaking lines up with heaven.

Speak what the Word says, not what your feelings say. Speak what God says about you, not what your past says.

Faith begins where the will of God is known and it grows where the Word of God is spoken.

Discipline your mouth

Second, make a quality decision to discipline your mouth. Proverbs 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue."

Not just in prayer, but all day, every day. Start speaking in alignment with your identity in Christ."

Instead of saying, "I'm just a sinner," say, "I am the righteousness of God in Christ."

Instead of saying, " God is in control," say, "I have authority in Jesus' name."

Instead of saying, "I need more faith," say, " I use the faith I already have."

Instead of saying, "I hope", say, "I believe and receive."

Instead of saying, " if it be thy will," say, " I stand on your promises."

Faith is not magic. It is not a formula. It is not a feeling. Faith is taking God at His Word, acting on it, and refusing to say anything that contradicts it.

As I said, faith is the normal condition of the believer.

This means faith should be your default, not fear, not doubt, not double talk.

And the moment you align your words with your spirit, faith begins to work.

Mountains move, chains break, and the life Lord Jesus Christ promised becomes your daily reality.

You might be thinking, "This all sounds good, but I've said those things for years. Is it too late to change?" Absolutely not.

God's mercies are new every morning. Today can be a turning point.

Repent for careless speech.

Ask the Holy Spirit to help you guard your mouth and begin speaking like a son, a daughter, not a beggar.

Your spoken words will steer your life just like a rudder steers a ship.

Start turning now and you'll see the course of your life change.

So here's your challenge. For the next seven days, fast from negative confession.

Every time you're tempted to say something that contradicts the word, stop. Replace it with truth.

Keep a journal if you have to. Monitor your speech like a watchman on the wall.

You'll be amazed how much your faith strengthens when your mouth comes in agreement with your spirit.

In the next post, we're going to go deeper into the power of confession. Not just avoiding wrong words, but building your life through intentional, bold, biblical declarations.

Because confession is more than admitting sin. It is agreeing with God. And it is how faith is released.

So, if you're ready to level up and walk in the authority you already have, don't miss what's coming.



No comments: